Mural: Day 1

So my design was approved and we are moving ahead with the mural!  (Well...MOST of the design.   Apparently there is some problem with my camel.  Don't ask.)

So today, I got the wall taped off and the drop cloths down and got down to business.  (See last post for the mock-up I did that is the basic design.)  Unfortunately, I didn't think of documenting until I already had the sky blue laid in.  Ah well, the best laid plans...


This is the left side...in front of the mural is a replica "ger" (think Mongolian tee-pee)  that our good friend Tim put together.


And below is the right side...


And then this last one is the last shot of the day.  I got the painted gers covered and started on the mountain range.

Hopefully I will be able to finish this by the end of the week, but cheese and crackers!  I am exhausted tonight.  Apparently climbing up and down ladders and standing up painting for eight hours is tiring.  Strange...